Sunday, September 15, 2013

Singing and dancing

First graders love singing and dancing in Spanish!

We have danced songs like "El Chocolate", "El Tambor" or "Conga, Conga". Through songs and dancing they are learning how to make hot chocolate (perhaps, we will make some at the end of next month), musical instruments (we played a few instruments and learned their names), and body parts.

This week we have also reviewed pets and animal farms through videos and drawings. I have also introduced them to family members such as papá, mamá, hijo, hija, abuelo and abuela. They draw a family tree to identify their own family members, including their pets!

Since the children seem so enthusiastic about music and dancing, I will post from time to time news related to activities in Philadelphia and surrounding areas about Hispanic culture. Below are a couple that I think will be worth taking you children to, if you can. It would be a great exposure to Hispanic culture and Spanish language.

- Buena Vista Social Club at the Kimmel Center. If you cannot go, I would recommend watching the trailer and documentary.

- Venezuelan Expressions, an annual musical and dance event.

No comments:

Post a Comment